- Is currently your Presiding Circuit Judge
- Previously served as your District Judge and the county's Presiding Juvenile Judge
- Represented Marshall County in the Alabama House of Representatives from 1994 to 2001
- Was the Chairman of the House Ways and Means-Education Fund Committee
- Served as Municipal Judge for Arab from 1993 to 2001
- Fought crime as an FBI Agent from 1986 to 1992
- Served as City Prosecutor in Arab
- Was a practicing attorney in Marshall County for 11 years
As an FBI Agent, Howard worked criminal cases in Norfolk, VA, drug gang matters in Washington, DC, and served as a supervisor in FBI Headquarters.
Among Howard's legislative accomplishments was a package of bills known as "Children First." Children across the state continue to benefit from this effort.
Even as a judge, Howard continues to lead efforts to help our county and improve our state. He currently chairs a committee rewriting the state's Criminal Code.